These are British based travel companies specialising in travel arrangements, accommodation and holidays for disabled travellers, especially those with limited mobility or with special needs such as wheelchair access, nursing/care, or dialysis.
||020 7706 4700
||Specialist tour operator to Africa offering bush safaris and other tours in Africa for disabled travellers.
||020 8851 3065
||Wheelchair accessible holidays and safaris in South Africa.
||Holiday properties & facilities in Tenerife, Algarve, Lanzerote, Cyprus, Florida, France, Majorca, Malta, Rhodes and Spain.
|Assistance Travel Service
||Holidays and travel assistance in the UK, Mediterranean and worldwide.
|Can Be Done
||020 8907 2400
||City breaks and holidays in Europe and the USA.
||Escorted holidays and transport services for the elderly and those with special needs.
|Disabled Holiday Directory
||Lists holiday accommodation and holidays services for the disabled and handicapped in the UK, Ireland, Europe, & USA.
|Discount Mobility USA
||001 561 361 9384
||Company in the USA that provides wheelchair accessible vehicle rentals, medical equipment rental and accessible villas in the Orlando/Walt Disney World area.
||0871 222 4939
||Holiday service for disabled travellers to Florida, Greece, the Canaries, Greece and Spain, set up by travel agent Suzanne Wardle who realised the need for it when a road accident left her in a wheelchair for six months. Enable is based on a detailed accessability audit of over 60 hotels/resorts in nine destinations.
|Holidays for Diabetics
||Holidays in Finnish Lapland for diabetics. A sub=brand of Canterbury Travel who specialise in wintertime (Santa tours) and summer tours to the region.
||00 1 561 361 9384
||A Full Service Medical Travel Agency in the USA that caters to people with Special Medical Needs, such as Oxygen Rentals, Power Chair Rentals, Scooter Rentals and Resort Wheelchair Accessible Villas.
||08448 040 221
||Hand-made, multi-sensory group holidays for both blind and sighted travellers. Founded by entrepreneur and TV/film director Amar Latif, 36, who became 95% blind by the age of 19 and subsequently discovered that access to world travel for a blind person was fraught with pitfalls, problems, rejections and restrictions.
- Accessibility Pass is a global certification scheme that classifies hotels' and conference centers' accessibility level, based on their infrastructure, services & personnel skills, and enables people with accessibility needs to find them.
- Flying with Disability is a useful website with advice on practicalities and legal rights for travellers with disabilities.
- Smooth Ride Guides publish guides for people with mobility difficulties or using a wheelchair, covering activities, attractions, accommodation and leisure and sporting facilities in France and the UK.
- Sporting Activities for the Disabled is a charitable trust providing sports equipment for sailing and skiing, operated by equpment retailer Snow & Rock.
- Able Travel is a site set up by a quadriplegic adventurer who offers wheelchair accessible adventure travel in Africa (mostly) and worldwide.
- Endeavour Safaris are based in Cape Town and offer safaris in Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa using specially modified Toyota Landcruisers for travellers in wheelchairs.
- Egypt for All specialise in accessible travel and tours in Egypt - getting disabled travellers to historical sites, out into the desert, and even up Mt Sinai!
- Vitalise is a national charity providing short breaks (respite care) and other services for disabled people, visually impaired people, and carers.